2014 COC Finalist – Frayar
- Blog: http://bellfrayar.blogspot.com
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/91809098@N08
- Country of Origin & Language Spoken: USA & English
- Why have you entered Colour of Couture – Top Model Competition?
I like the concept of the mission of COC. Since joining modeling groups in SL, I found it interesting that the same issues models of color experience in real could also be found here in SL.
- What particular qualities, personality & style should Miss Colour of Couture posess?
Miss COC, should be personable and kind. She should be bright and have her own style.
- What are your thoughts and feelings about fashion in Second Life?
What is your role as a Woman of Colour in SL Fashion?
Hmmm, this is an interesting question. I got into modeling to help someone in a pageant. I placed in the top 4 and made a large donation to the Harambee Gwassi Project. Since then, the group I started with was like family and we just had fun. The group is no longer together. I have found now there is an intensity in SL as if RL. This new mindset I have found is difficult for me because my real life work is intense enough.
Now as to my role as a woman of color?; I do believe I stayed in the field this long because of the lack of women of color in the forefront. That is a challenge to me and that competitive side of myself just would not let me walk away.
- How will you promote the Miss Colour of Couture competition as a finalist?
How will you promote the title of Miss CoC should you win?
I would promote COC within my charity events. The group I work with is active large group from all over the world and yet none of them new about the COC group. I have introduced it through just making the finals. I would continue to partner my title and the COC organization with all my events.
- What sort of impression would you like people to have of you if win the title?
What impression would you like to leave with them if you do not win?
If I win, I would like people to understand as an avatar, I look beautiful, but as a person, I am more beautiful in my treatment of others. If I lose :), well it was an experience and I would encourage others to join and support the organization.
- What do you envision your activity in SL to be a year from now?
What goals and ambitions do you have?
In the next year, I will design more, model occasionally and continue to fundraise for the projects of the Harambee group.
- Briefly summarize your professional career as a model in SL?
Caress Couture Model
Prints- Earth Hour, Morea Style, mag covers of CWS
Ms. Sophisticate 3rd runner upper
- Do you have any additional comments you would wish to share?
I have struggled through this processed due to external issues, but yet I learned much from it. I thank you for the experience.